Monday, January 9, 2012

MY 10 TEN CHRISTMAS MUSIC RECORDINGS

HERE'S A LIST OF THE TOP 10 CHRISTMAS RECORDINGS THAT I LISTENED TO AS A KID GROWING UP IN THE 1960'S AND 1970S. MY DAD OR I HAD ALL OF THESE LPS, AND I PRETTY MUCH WORE THEM ALL OUT BY THE LATE 1980'S:

1) JACK JONES "THE JACK JONES CHRISTMAS ALBUM"
2) "W. T. GRANT'S VOLUME IV"
3) "W. T. GRANT'S VOLUME V"
4) TENNESSEE ERNIE FORD "A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL" DOUBLE LP
5) THE BLACKWOOD BROTHERS & THE STATESMEN QUARTET "O COME ALL YE FAITHFUL"
6) J. C. PENNEY "SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS"
7) THE CARPENTERS "CHRISTMAS PORTRAIT"
8) THE KING FAMILY "CHRISTMAS WITH THE KING FAMILY"
9) ROGER WHITTAKER "THE ROGER WHITTAKER CHRISTMAS ALBUM"
10) BIG N "THE GIFT OF CHRISTMAS"

OF COURSE THERE ARE MANY, MANY MORE GREAT CHRISTMAS LPS THAT I GREW UP WITH, BUT THESE ARE THE TOP 10

LET US KNOW WHAT YOUR TOP 10 FAVORITE'S ARE!!!

7 comments:

Vinyl Room said...

Hi there, is there any chance that you have "THE JUNGLE BOOK SONGS" which isn't the original soundtrack but I had this as a child and would love to hear it again.

VR

Manuela Carpen said...

We all carry a small part of Christmas spirit in our hearts waiting for the magic moment when the this spirit it’s materialized.
I love Christmas and I love share with you some beautiful words about Christmas.

Unknown said...

My rock n roll band recorded a brand new christmas song this year and we give it to people for free!..
take a listen, spread the love..and Merry Christmas to everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoJFGBM-3Sw

trust me, we put all our love and it rocks!

Need a Little Xmas said...

Thanks for all the work you've put into this blog. This has been a rough season for me, but I found some cheer here, and also finally identified some old Christmas records my mother had when I was a kid, but that I couldn't remember the titles of. Merry Christmas.

CT said...

My favorite, corny Christmas song is "L.A. Santa". It is about Santa Claus and his life in Hollywood. You can hear a free preview on your computer or smartphone at www.LASantaSings.com. Happy Holidays to All!

Try to Become a Millionaire said...

Hello Friends! Thanks
Candy Cane Christmas http://kidstoteens.blogspot.com/2014/12/candy-cane-christmas.html

Unknown said...

Hello,
I hope all is well. My name is Dino and I am an artist from Pasadena CA. I wrote a holiday song called " Meet Me Under The Mistletoe. I would love to share it with you all. I know your time is valuable and I really appreciate it. If you do have time please have a view.
Again, thanks for your time.


Happy Holidays,
Dino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P6DTjGEL3s

https://soundcloud.com/rebelstation/meet-me-under-the-mistletoe