Thursday, April 1, 2010

Some Family Christmas Slide Scans

I often talked about the great Christmas' when my Brother got the Marx Battleground Playset, and I got the Marx Fort Apache Playset. Also the year before when my Brother got a Dicky Tracy Gun Set, and I got a Western Gun Set. Well I recently inherited my Dad's ten boxes of slide trays, and I've been scanning them into my PC. Ah the great memories. Here's the scans of those two great Christmas':

CHRISTMAS 1963:



CHRISTMAS 1964. MY SISTER, MY BROTHER AND ME SPORTING MY DANIEL BOONE PAJAMAS. OH YEAH. THIS IS THE YEAR WE GOT OUR RACETRACK TOO:



HERE'S CHRISTMAS 1962 MYSELF, MY SISTER AND MY OLDER BROTHER WITH HIS BIG SHOT GUN HE BROKE THE FIRST DAY...LOL. DIG THE FAKE SEARS CARDBOARD FIREPLACE:



THIS IS CHRISTMAS 1967 WHEN MY DAD BOUGHT ONE OF THOSE UGLY ALUMINUM CHRISTMAS TREES. THE ONLY GOOD THING ABOUT IT IS THAT BACK IN 2003 I WAS ABLE TO SELL IT ON EBAY FOR $105.00. WE USED THIS UGLY THING FOR TWO CHRISTMAS' UNTIL OUR LOCAL W. T. GRANT'S WENT OUT OF BUSINESS, AND MY DAD GOT A 7 1/2 FOOT, GREEN ARTIFICIAL TREE FOR $10.00. HE USED THAT TREE EVERY YEAR UNTIL HIS LAST CHRISTMAS IN 2008.



THIS IS A CLOSE-UP PHOTO OF MY DAD'S PARENTS CHRISTMAS TREE FROM 1962 IN WHICH YOU CAN SEE A COUPLE OF THE VINTAGE SPINNER ORNAMENTS THAT I INHERITED BACK IN 1997:

3 comments:

Dr. Frank Lippenheimer said...

hMan, this takes me back. Thank you so much for sharing.

BTW, Sis doen't look so happy with her Easy-Bake sad iron!

Ha! Thanks again.

Dr. Frank Lippenheimer said...

hMan, this takes me back. Thank you so much for sharing.

BTW, Sis doen't look so happy with her Easy-Bake sad iron!

Ha! Thanks again.

Dave said...

I guess not because she played with it so little it was still around for her to give to her daughters about 24 years later. That, and I don't think she liked posing for the photo much either...lol.

Dave