Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Glory Of Christmas (Columbia Musical Treasury D2T 5358)

THIS RECORDING IS OOP AND PUBLIC DOMAIN, AND NO ONE HAS A RIGHT TO FILE A DMCA CLAIM FOR IT!!!

I recently discovered factory released Reel To Reel tapes, and that's what this recording comes from. It was still sealed as well. It only contained 36 of the original 3 LP set of 48 songs. However thanks to Der Bingle from the FaLaLaLaLa.com Forum I was able to include his mp3 files for the 12 missing songs. It's amazing how crystal clear reel to reel recordings are. Every bit as good as CD sound I feel.




Here's a list of the song that are missing from the reel to reel version I have:

I SAW THREE SHIPS
HERE WE COME A-CAROLING
WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS
PATAPAN
PETER AND THE WOLF (EXCERPT)
IN DULCI JUBLIO
GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST
GESU BAMBINO
PRAYER FROM "HANSEL & GRETEL"
JOSEPH DEAREST, JOSEPH MINE
THE HOLY CITY
O COME, O COME EMMANUEL

You may come across an mp3 file now and then. That is because those 12 songs are missing from the R2R copy of this recording.  So I spliced in Der Bingle's mp3 files (from the FaLaLaLaLa.com Forum) for those 12 songs.  I hope that is ok Der Bingle?

Here is the link for the Zip Files of all 48 Songs:

LINK TEMPORARILY REMOVED UNTIL COUNTER CLAIM IS FILED The Glory Of Christmas Mostly Reel To Reel Rip 1411 Wav Files



Ok. All of the zip files for this recording are now uploaded to the MediaFire link that I provided earlier. Enjoy!

Next I will be working on the "Merry Christmas" Columbia Musical Treasuries Set. My R2R is short 6 songs, but I've found someone with the Cassette copy of the original recording which contains 36 songs. They are going to rip the missing 6 songs from their tape for me. It will be coming soon!!! Here's some scans of the LP that I found online:



6 comments:

Yulie2 said...

Thanks! A nice New Year addition.

Yulie2 said...

A nice New Year addition, Thanks!

Der Bingle said...

Hi Dave - I'm still planning to re-master the 12 songs from my vinyl version to get them cleaner and remove the skip from "Patapan". we can co-re-share the complete set in the 2011 season. I have your RTR rips, so I'll add the vinyl-remasters into a new zip file later this year.

Dave said...

Sounds good. Thanks.

Dave

Unknown said...

I have the complete set of the Merry Christmas 36 favorite Songs 36 great artists. Would like to sell it. Anyone interested please let me know.

MsWendalyn1@gmail.com

ruhual said...

great!!!!!