Sunday, December 16, 2007

"THAT CHRISTMAS FEELING" J.C.PENNEY (COLUMBIA SPECIAL PRODUCTS P11853 1973)





LIKE W. T. GRANT'S DID, J. C. PENNEY HAD SEVERAL CHRISTMAS LPS THEY PUT OUT WHEN I WAS A KID IN THE 1970's. I'VE ALREADY SHARED "THE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS". ANOTHER ONE THEY RELEASED WAS CALLED "THE GOLDEN GLOW OF CHRISTMAS". MY DAD HAS THIS ONE, BUT I HAVEN'T GOT A RIP OF IT ON HAND. HERE'S THE COVER OF THAT ONE:



THE LAST ONE I'VE FOUND REFERENCE TO WAS FROM 1974 CALLED "THE BRIGHTEST STARS OF CHRISTMAS" SHOWN HERE:




"THAT CHRISTMAS FEELING" J.C.PENNEY ZIP FILE

3 comments:

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

Hello, I am just over at Hooked on Stereophonic and found a comment there that you had left in 2008, saying you had complete sets of this and that.

Then I found this post, and you mention that you had already shared "Spirits of Christmas" (I assume you mean by J.C.Penney's").

Logically this should have been before the above post, when you say you "have already". I have looked through all 2007 posts of yours, plus searched "Penneys", but I couldn't find it. Have you deleted it meanwhile?

Thanks for the above LP. We are having 2 of such stores in the wider area, so at least I understand what this is about. With other US companies I am not always understanding what they are (were) about.

Dave said...

Sorry. I guess Blogspot removed it.

Any middle-aged German Witch in Amerika said...

OK, thanks anyway for the quick reply. Still a load full of great things to get here.